Travelling by Bus and Train

Sozialticket (Social ticket)

With the Sozialticket you can travel by bus, S-Bahn (train), RE-Bahn (train), tram and metro within the Ennepe-Ruhr Kreis. The cities Breckerfeld, Ennepetal, Gevelsberg, Hattingen, Herdecke, Schwelm, Sprockhövel, Wetter (Ruhr) and Witten are part of the Ennepe-Ruhr Kreis.

You can take maximum 3 children for free with you on Monday to Friday after 07:00 pm, the whole Saturday and Sunday and on the 24th and 31st of December.

Price: 38,65 €/month | price category: PK


You can order your Sozialticket at the Sozialamt (social welfare office) (Stadt Sprockhövel - city hall, Rathausplatz 4, 45549 Sprockhövel), Mrs. Nachtigall. After you recieved the warrant, you can go and buy the Sozialticket for example at the kiosk at the main busstation in Haßlinghausen.


Zusatzticket (Add-on ticket)

With the Zusatzticket you can travel the whole VRR-area with public transports, for example to Bochum, Dortmund, Düsseldorf, Hagen, ...

Price: 3,40 €/drive | 4x-ticket: 12,20 €

Selling points: VER-KundenCenter, kiosks at stations, in a lot of busses and trams and at ticket machines.


Einzelfahrschein (Single tickets)

Tickets for one way or multiple trips can be bought at ticket machines in the travel centre of the Deutsche Bahn and at many station kiosks. Paying at the driver is possible in buses.

Attention: Single tickets are only valid, if they are punshed. If there is no date and time printed on the ticket, it must be stamped at a ticket validator machine (date and time will be printed ion it). Ticket validator machines are located on station platforms, in buses and trams.




Long distances

Long travels for example to Berlin, Munich, Hamburg, ... can be done very cheap by long distance busses. Going by long distance busses is often much cheaper then travelling by train. These busses are very comfortable.


Basic rules of the traffic

Important rules of the traffic


Bank Account Opening

To open an account you need an official proof of your identity (Aufenthaltsgestattung, Duldung, …) with a stamp and a signature of the Ausländerbehörde (Aliens department/authority).

Some banks and saving banks also request a proof of your registered residence.

Account-keeping is with costs. You have to pay for example 9.90€/month at the Sparkasse Sprockhövel for your account. At the Volksbank Sprockhövel you pay approximately 8,00 €/month.

With a basis account you can transfer money, make standing orders and you can pay money in and out. You will not get an overdraft facility. So you cannot overdraw your account into minus.